Friday, December 19, 2008

Just After Sunset by Stephen King

The electricity went out here last night. I know I'm nuts but I finished a Stephen King book by kerosene lamp and candlelight with freezing rain falling. OK, I didn't finish it till they got the power on but I was questioning my sanity reading a Stephen King book in the semi darkness. (with the kittens trying to see if they could really see in the dark no less)
The stories in this book were typical Stephen King. Do I think he's improving with age, yes. BUT of course I am one who cries long and loud the man can WRITE, it doesn't have to be scary. I liked this book probably because I could finish with one story and put it down and then go on to the next. I didn't feel the need to finish it all @ once like I do with his novels. BTW there is a story about suicide and OCD in there that I found exceptionally interesting (GRIN). The last story is sticking in my mind. Literally, it was gross, Stephen said he managed to gross himself out and I was grossed out to the max. The New York Times At Special Bargain Rates is probably my favorite, The Cat From Hell is a classic. The Things They Left Behind is poignant to say the least.
Overall an engrossing good read. I bought the hardback as my Christmas present to myself, couldn't wait for the paperback.

No comments: