Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pet Surrender Numbers up in Austin

One more sign of the economy. I know pet food is expensive, some trips to the store I'll buy $20 worth and it's all dog food, cat food, kitty litter, etc. Plus the vet bills.... the list goes on and on. But the same $20 will buy a trip to the movies for one, a CHEAP pair of jeans, a new dvd, think how much more enjoyment the pet gives you!!
Besides they will and can eat some table scraps, I know I'll get flamed for it but I know people who never buy dog food, in fact a few leftovers haven't seemed to hurt any of our dogs. Just don't give a dog turkey bones or ham bones for a small dog, I do know a lab who would consider his life sadly lacking without cooked till they are mushy turkey bones, of course he ate the pump out of my yard pond too so he isn't very discriminating.
Economy down pet surrenders up

No comments: