Thursday, November 20, 2008

Duma Key by Stephen King

Promised I'd say something about Duma Key. AND since the title of the blog is Missouri Books I thought I'd better say something about books once in awhile. Plus that's one of the few subjects I know much about.

I liked the book, someone left it on the break-room table @ work and I got started reading it. Bought my own copy and finished. I'll echo what the New York Times said, this book wasn't written for the horror angle of it, that's an added part but other than the hero having some supernatural powers and a few upside down herons and sea shells speaking to him it's a guy trying to come to grips with the hand life has dealt him. Granted he has a better life than many of us, he's a millionaire with considerable undiscovered artistic abilities living on a practically deserted island off of Florida which doesn't sound too bad to me. BUT he's lost an arm and had brain damage from an accident which indirectly cost him his marriage and forced him to take stock which we all know can be painful no matter what your circumstances.

Other unbiased opinions, youngest stepson started reading it (I told him if he borrowed it I'd never see it again, horrible stepmother, horrible) and he started laughing hysterically which is not what most people do when reading a Stephen King book but the first part is funny in a black humor sort of way.

New York Times review is here.

Or go to amazon to buy @ Amazon.com.

Or do what I did and go to your friendly Wal Mart and pick it up!!

For other things for sale check out moads4u.com, bookmark it we'll have more on soon!!

No comments: