Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Beginning


Hello, I've blogged before but am now REALLY going to do it. Check back for my favorite links and thoughts. Right now I have to get ready for Thanksgiving on my days off from work which I'm sure most of you can relate to. Presently I know 2 kids are coming and my nephew, don't think husband will be home because our little economic downturn hit a year before the main recession did and he has to work maybe. I know one of my step-kids aren't coming even if he is here due to the "other" relatives, but don't know about the rest. We have the model step family, I have no idea how it happened, we still have our spats and bad days but we have great large family gatherings and with 7 kids and various spouses and 11 grandkids it is a LARGE family gathering.
Since I don't have time to do much else I'll just stick a link in here to our new advertising website (our as in my cousin/best friend and I) moads4u. It has links to the website service in case anyone needs a GOOD decently priced website. I do part of the research and writing for the sites, just work otherwise part time, and.............well everyone knows how it is in these economic times.
It's cold here, must cover the air conditioners plus just generally clean house, I work @ Wal Mart and my housekeeping is basically what I HAVE to do, my daughter did offer to take a day off from her job of school nurse to help which I thought was really nice. She sent me an email this morning with several interesting thoughts in it, the first three are:

1. There are at least two people in this world
that you would die for.

2. At least 15 people in this world
love you in some way.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you
is because they want to be just like you.

Something to think about?

AND since the title of this is Missouri Books, I'm reading "No Country For Old Men" currently. It's different than the movie everyone says, I haven't seen the movie but the book is more of a mans book I think (which means I haven't stayed up way too late reading it when I should be sleeping)? The other one by Cormac Mc Carthey I read is "The Road" I guess it could be considered a mans book too but I REALLY liked it, reminded me of a short version of "The Stand" by Stephen King. I tend to get obsessed with Stephen Kings books though. "Duma Key" was my downfall last week. We'll talk about it more, I could really relate to it after living in Florida and on the coast for awhile and I'm an artist or used to be, like the main character turns out to be, I don't think that's giving too much away. "No Country For Old Men" jumps around with no preamble or history, I guess "The Road" does the same thing but you only have a few characters in it, in No Country it seems like there are more characters but as often happens I'm about half way through it and I'm really getting into the book. He's an excellent author though, book is worth the money and it's on the buy one get one 1/2 off @ Borders or @ least the one @ Independence Center Mall. A thought for the guy on your Chrismas list? And no they didn't pay me to say that.
Well my kittens are calling, I have to move the cat box, somehow we had no cats for years because the dogs wouldn't allow it, this summer and fall somehow I've raised 3 sets of orphan or semi orphan kittens? The one from the first set that is still alive is almost a cat now. Don't worry the dogs didn't get the other kittens, they SLEEP on the outside dog. The newest ones are @ the top. Devil, Paris and Crusoe. Devil is the black one obviously, Paris is the fluffy red one, and Crusoe is a survivor, he/she/it was almost dead when I found them one cold Sunday afternoon, had to force it's mouth open to put the kitten bottle in and wrapped it up in a towel in front of the heater and it survived!! Don't know what happened to mama, I'd saved them all once and brought them to our log cabin and then mama disappears!!! Could have been coyotes etc. Mama was officially a feral cat, these kittens have decided they like the tame warm life and canned cat food JUST fine after hissing @ me for the first 4 days in the house. Came home from work and found husband asleep with kittens sleeping ON him one night and 2 days before that we could barely touch them!! LOL

No comments: